Established as a Colorado exploration and mining company in 1864, Franklin Mining and Mill Co. worked multiple mines located approximately 1.5 miles north of Idaho Springs, Colorado. The company quickly grew to include a number of underground mining operations and with the company constructing its own flotation mill that produced concentrates of gold, silver, lead and zinc.
Mine operations began in 1865 and continued until the US government curtailed gold mining during WWI. Mine operations resumed during the Great Depression, but were again curtailed following the outbreak of WWII. Since that time, there has been limited activity at the Franklin mine.
Franklin Consolidated Mining Co., Inc, was formed under the laws of the state of Delaware in 1976 for the purpose of acquiring and developing mineral properties. The original Franklin Mines were acquired in 1989 and mining and milling operations began that same year.
Franklin Mining, Inc. is a publicly-traded company headquartered in Carson City, Nevada with offices in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The company’s principal US mining property is the Franklin Mines located near idao Springs in Clear Creek County, Colorado.